Wednesday, May 18, 2011

someone PLEASE do the dishes!

I come home to sheetrock leaning up against the sink and my dear hubby is tired from all the projects he has going on so what's for dinner?  How am I going to  work around the sheetrock?  Broil chicken breasts and open a couple bags of salad, cut up some tomatoes and throw in some shredded cheese and that's how I dealt with that.

What wasn't pretty was what I found today after the piece of rock had been hung...The Boy has been slacking on his dishwashing duties....







for whatever reason dishes from last night's chicken salad dinner are sitting on the floor behind the "ta da" wall...

looks like it's been more than an evening that he's slacked off.  I realize Dad has tools laying around too and that clouds your view of things, but dear son o mine, PLEASE, PLEASE take care of the dishes so I can cook again and before I blow a gasket! I hope you read this so you heed this warning.....






how does he not see the dishes? Do guys automatically focus on the tools and manly projects and think "what's she talking about? I don't see anything."?









I do however know how bad my stove looks, it's a filthy mess.  Grease and stuff has dripped down the side over the years, add dust from the removal of the plaster and dear hubby messing with the sheetrock and you get this beautiful sight...


eww, right?!  Good thing I'm not cooking on the sides of the stove!

Add dear hubby not being the greatest at picking up after himself and you get this view....


 I kinda feel like the soap dispenser...


I worked around it all, believe it or not, and made a meatloaf (1 pound of hamburger, an egg, saltines, tomato sauce, onion, pepper, and some worcestershire sauce) with a sauce made up of some catsup, mustard, honey, garlic powder,and brown sugar; cut up some potatoes and put 'em in a pan with olive oil, seasoning salt, pepper, parsley and garlic powder and put both dishes in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour or until the sauce is thickened and the potatoes are done.

more dishes to do son!

No comments:

Post a Comment