Tuesday, June 21, 2011

when all else fails...make goolash

I've been fighting a migraine for two days...yesterday we had leftovers from Father's Day dinner...today I decided that if I were to die first my guys would probably just sit and stare at my chair and wonder what's for dinner.  Why would I think such a thing?  The fact that everyone was sitting and staring at the t.v. and not a soul was stirring, with stomachs growling would be a good clue. I announced my splitting headache, no one moved. FINE! I'll cook something. I have a pound of hamburger in the fridge that needs to be cooked anyway. I'll get 'em - I'll something semi healthy and I'll use those veggie noodles I bought. This is what I came up with:

I boiled the veggie elbow noodles I found at Reasors...I didn't really look close at the label, they could be really high in food coloring and not really made of vegetables but I'm gonna go with they were made of veggies 'cause I'm a sucker for marketing sometimes...anyway, while the noodles were cooking I fried up the pound of hamburger with about a half of a chopped onion and a clove of crushed garlic, then I drained the noodles, added the hamburger (minus grease), a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of mushrooms, a can of tomato soup, and a can of RoTel  - salt and pepper to taste.  It's some form of goolash, right? Did my guys learn anything? I don't think so, 'cause they liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment