Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BBQ Chicken

I got up and around early enough this morning to make some coleslaw and cut up potatoes, put 'em on to boil along with some eggs.  Dear Hubby took me to work and remembered to turn the burner off when he got home and put the potatoes and boiled eggs in the fridge so I could make potato salad when I got home while he grilled some chicken breasts.  When I went to make the coleslaw, I realized that I didn't have coleslaw dressing so I made it up.  I globbed some Miracle Whip on top of the coleslaw mix I bought at Reasor's and added some sugar and a couple capfuls of apple cider vinegar and mixed it all up. When I got home I realized I only had purple onions so that's what I used in the potato salad.  Why sliced boiled eggs on top of the potato salad? It's what Grandma Sallie did so that's what I do.

Dear hubby bbq'd the chicken breasts I took out of the freezer this morning and we were all set.

why does the chicken get the top billing when it was the least amount of work?  Dear hubby did do an awesome job - it was the juiciest chicken breast I've ever had! 

No comments:

Post a Comment